Call for Proposals: Mini-courses
The Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS) welcomes and invites proposals for mini-courses for the CMS 75th Anniversary Summer Meeting in Ottawa from June 5-8, 2020.
Since 2019, the CMS meeting programme has included a limited number of three-hour mini-courses with the following objectives:
- Initiating attendees to the subject of a novel scientific session, so as to broaden the scope of its audience and appeal; or
- Introducing attendees to a cutting-edge area of applied mathematics, for both research and professional interests; or
- Providing professional development opportunities and advice, particularly for graduate students and new PhDs.
The CMS 75th Anniversary Summer Meeting mini-courses will be held Friday, June 5th and Monday June 8th. Attendees will be charged a small registration fee.
Proposals should include:
- The names, affiliations, and contact information of the main organizers;
- A title and brief description of the focus and purpose of the mini-course, being particularly clear on how it meets one of the three objectives outlined above;
- A brief description of the anticipated mathematical background of the audience.
The Call for Mini-Courses is officially closed, however, late proposals will be considered, time and space permitting.
Ailana Fraser (University of British Columbia) email@example.com
Monica Nevins (University of Ottawa) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mateja Šajna (University of Ottawa) email@example.com